Verkehrsbetriebe Hamburg-Holstein GmbH (VHH)
VHH is the second-largest public transport company in Northern Germany, with its headquarters in Hamburg. The public transport provider is a partner of Hamburger Verkehrsverbund (HVV) and serves the Hamburg Metropolitan Region bus routes – from Wedel in the west of Hamburg to Lauenburg in the south east. The company has relied on INIT's integrated solution for its information infrastructure and more efficient mobility management since 2017.
Implementing eMOBILE-ITCS enables the integration of electric vehicles as well as monitoring and operations of a variety of vehicles in one system.
Scope of the project
million passengers per year
Project at a glance
- Multi-tenant capable Intermodal Transport Control System (ITCS)
- Multi-tenant capable electronic fare management system
- On-board computers with integrated ticket printer incl. POS terminal
- Erneuerung des analogen Betriebsfunksystems mit acht Basisstationen
- Dynamic passenger information system
- Connection to the central data hub of HamburgerVerkehrsverbund (HVV)
- Monitoring and operation of electric vehicles with eMOBILE-ITCS (state of charge, range)