Protecting your privacy and maintaining the integrity of Personal Information means that: we will keep your information and the business you do with us in confidence; we will not sell, rent or loan your information to third parties; we will respect your privacy when we may contact you concerning various products and services which we make available to you from time to time; you will have control over how we obtain, use and under circumstances give out information about you; and you will have access to the information that we have about you.
Why INIT May Collect Personal Information
INIT collects Personal Information and uses it in order to:
- Establish identity;
- Perform necessary identity and security verifications;
- Process transactions and conduct business;
- Deliver products and services;
- Provide customer support and services;
- Provide ongoing service delivery;
- Provide you with information;
- Improve products, services and service delivery;
- Better understand your needs, interests and suitability for various products and services;
- Recommend specific products and services that may meet your needs;
- Respond to issues, questions, and queries;
- Protect you and us against errors or fraud; and
- Co-operate with law enforcement and legal authorities, where required, to comply with applicable laws and with court orders.
INIT will collect, use and may disclose personal information only for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances; and endeavors to collect as little information as possible as may be necessary under the circumstances.
Please note that aggregated statistics and information, where the identity of a specific individual cannot be identified, is not Personal Information. INIT reserves the right to use aggregated information in any manner it determines, in its discretion, to be appropriate. Use of such aggregated information may include, but not be limited to, the preparation of aggregated user statistics and information summaries to improve efficiencies, more effectively describe our product and service offerings, and assist in the marketing of our products and services. Aggregated statistics and information will not contain Personal Information.
What Type of Personal Information INIT May Collect
INIT collects various types of Personal Information. During the course of doing business or interacting with INIT, or receiving products and services from or through INIT, you may depending on the nature of the circumstances be asked to provide INIT with:
- Geographic (physical) addresses;
- Demographic information;
- E-mail addresses;
- Phone numbers or other contact information;
- Names (first, and last or whatever the family identifying name is);
- Shipping information;
- Billing information;
- Transaction history;
- Web site usage preferences;
- Feedback regarding our business, services, web site and public relations;
- Source IP addresses;
- Times and dates of access to Web site servers;
- Personal preferences;
- Product and service preferences;
- Browsers types and configurations; and
- Miscellaneous administrative and computer traffic information.
Certain forms of information, such as government issued or private sector issued licenses, permits, certificates, cards, in the nature of driver’s licenses, social insurance/security number, passports, insurance cards, voucher numbers, and the like, although convenient for identification, is voluntary. It is up to you whether you want to provide this, or other suitable identification, subject to any legal requirements.
How Does INIT Collect Personal Information
- using our website;
- using our services;
- in the course of communications with us (face-to-face, by e-mail, by phone, mail or otherwise);
- in the course of feedback to us regarding our business, services, website and public relations;
- when registering with us for services or, where relevant, accounts, or, where relevant, for the download of our software;
- customer, membership, recipient, or service lists that have been lawfully acquired from third parties;
- through the completion of manual or electronic forms;
- Clickstreaming - Clickstreaming is a technology that allows a website operator to track the paths that surfers take as they access a website and look at the site’s pages, and as they use links to other sites. INIT collects such information from visitors to www.initusa.com and website traffic information, which is monitored and analyzed in order to determine which products, services or features may be of interest to visitors, so we may improve our website, products, services, features or other offerings.
In addition, we may review and analyze your use of products and services, to help us serve you better, and to bring other products and services to your attention, which we feel, will be of benefit to you. We also collect and analyze information from other sources for the same purposes.
How INIT May Disclose Personal Information
INIT does not sell any Personal Information it collects to third parties. INIT may share Personal Information with its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors and agents in the course of providing you with our business services, support, or the fulfillment or delivery of our products or services.
INIT may disclose Personal information if we are required to do so to a court of competent jurisdiction, other legal or regulatory authority, or, if there is a good faith belief, and reliance on said belief that disclosure is necessary to: comply with any legal process served on INIT; maintain, uphold or protect INIT’s rights or property; protect and ensure the personal safety of the public or other INIT clients; or protect against criminal or quasi-criminal activities, or to detect, prevent, investigate allegations of, or address, misrepresentation or fraud.
Retention and Disposal
We keep information only for so long as it is needed for the efficient and effective delivery or fulfillment of the software, products, or services you are using or contemplating using and for a reasonable time thereafter, or to meet any legal requirements. We will either destroy or remove information when it is no longer needed.
INIT may receive an e-mail notice when you open one of INIT’s e-mails and this information may be used to tailor the e-mails we send to you. We may also send out e-mails about promotions or other news on behalf of INIT and its operating groups. You may opt-out of being contacted by INIT, or you can modify the content you receive, by accessing our Preference Page.
Security and Storage
INIT endeavors to maintain appropriate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to its offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of Personal Information. This also applies to our disposal or destruction of Personal Information. INIT keeps the Personal Information we collect about you strictly confidential. Only authorized personnel have access to this Personal Information.
If any employee, contractor or agent of INIT misuses Personal Information, this will be considered as a serious offence for which disciplinary action may be taken, up to and including termination of employment or contract for service. If any individual or organization misuses Personal Information - provided for the purpose of providing services to or for INIT, this will be considered a serious issue for which action may be taken, up to and including termination of any agreement between INIT and that individual or organization and possible legal action against such individual or organization.
Our computer security specialists build security into all our computer systems. This protects your information at all times, when it is stored in data files or handled by our employees. Our systems also protect your information when it is transmitted, for example, between our data processing centers, our stores and corporate offices. Personal Information may be stored or processed in any jurisdiction in which we or our affiliates, suppliers, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. By supplying us with Personal Information you consent to any transfer of this information to other jurisdictions (including countries which have not been assessed for adequacy of privacy laws).
INIT is and shall continue to use industry-standard technology to maintain the security of your personal information, and for our connections to the internet; however, INIT cannot and does not guarantee the privacy, security, authenticity or non-corruption of any information transmitted through the internet or any for information stored in any third-party system connected to the internet.
INIT is committed to treating you with the greatest respect and consideration. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns and we will take steps to address them.
INIT is committed to protecting the safety of children. INIT will not knowingly request or use Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen without parental consent. If INIT receives actual knowledge, INIT will take steps to have such information eliminated. This website is not to be used by anyone under the age of thirteen. Persons under the age of thirteen are not authorized to use this website and are directed to immediately discontinue use of this website.
Governing Law and Venue