Applicant Management / Career portal / Job Alerts
Please note that if you apply for a job on the Website or for “Job Alerts” for a position in the United States, we utilize the third-parties listed above, ISolved Hire and Refer.io. If you apply for a job in another location, such as within the European Union, utilizing the INIT European website, a different process applies. Please read the Data Protection Declaration for INIT SE to understand that process and the privacy practices and data retention policies associated with it. The legal basis for the processing of data transmitted in the course of sending an e-mail to us is Art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR. If the e-mail contact aims at the conclusion of a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 b) GDPR §26 para. 1 BDSG (neu). The processing of personal data is solely for the purpose of processing the contact. In the case of contact by e-mail, this also includes the necessary legitimate interest in the processing of the data. The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary for the purpose of their collection.
The legal basis for the processing of data after registration for Job Alert by the user is, if the user has given his consent, Art. 6 para. 1 a) GDPR §26 para. 1 BDSG (neu). The collection of the user's e-mail address is used to deliver the Job Alert. The collection of other personal data during the registration process serves to prevent misuse of the services or the e-mail address used.
The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required for the purpose of its collection. The user's e-mail address is therefore stored as long as the subscription to the Job Alert is active. The subscription to the Job Alert can be cancelled by the user concerned at any time. For this purpose there is a corresponding link in every Job Alert.
Transfer of Applicant Data
Candidate data will only be disclosed to affiliated companies and service partners if they are acting on our behalf and support us in providing their services. Processing of your personal data by commissioned service providers is based on an order processing according to Article 28 GDPR.
Applicant data will only be used in companies of the INIT group. As INIT operates globally, the Applicant data may also be transferred to a location outside the EU and/or your country of origin, or relevant managers and authorized persons may be able to view the data released for them. This is only the case if the job advertisement states a location outside the EU and you explicitly apply for this location. The data is only transferred to the extent necessary to fulfill pre-contractual obligations. The transmission is carried out in accordance with Art. 45 Para. 1 GDPR insofar as an appropriateness decision of the European Commission is available, in accordance with Art. 46 Para. 2 c) GDPR in the case of signed standard data protection clauses or in accordance with Art. 49 Para. 1 a) in the case of consent or in accordance with Art. 49 Para. 1 b) for the fulfilment of the contract.
An application for a job advertisement at a foreign location constitutes consent to the transfer of applicant data to the respective location.
How We May Collect Your Information
We will only collect Personal Information that you have voluntarily provided to us or have agreed to have provided to us. We will not collect any Personal Information about you without advising you concerning (either by way of this Privacy Statement or by way of providing you with some other form of notice at the time we are requesting or collecting Personal Information and prior to its actual collection), why and how that Personal Information is being collected and how such Personal Information will be used or disclosed. We may collect Personal Information through a variety of means:
- using the Website;
- using our services;
- in the course of communications with us (by e-mail, by phone, mail or otherwise);
- in the course of feedback to us regarding our business, services, Website and public relations;
- when registering with us for services or, where relevant, accounts, or, where relevant, for the download of our software;
- customer, membership, recipient, or service lists that have been lawfully acquired from third parties;
- through the completion of manual or electronic forms;
- Any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline including, but not limited to, Internet or other electronic network activity information (see “Information We Collect Through “Automatic Data Collection”)
In addition, we may review and analyze your use of products and services, to help us serve you better, and to bring other products and services to your attention, which we feel, will be of benefit to you. We also collect and analyze information from other sources for the same purposes.
How We May Disclose and Share Your Personal Information
We may disclose aggregated or de-identified information without restriction, including to third parties for research, analytics, and marketing or other purposes, provided it does not personally identify a particular individual. We do not sell any Personal Information it collects to third parties for money.
When necessary for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, the Personal Information that you provide to us as described in this Privacy Statement may be sent, shared, or disclosed to the following:
- Third parties to whom we are obliged to send information, including public authorities, law enforcement officials, judges and courts if we are required to do so by a court of competent jurisdiction, or other legal or regulatory authority, and in order to comply with the requirements of these authorities and the applicable international, federal, state, or local laws, where appropriate, and, if there is a good faith belief, and reliance on said belief, that disclosure is necessary to comply with any legal process served on us;
- To maintain, uphold or protect our rights or property; to protect and ensure the personal safety of the public or our other clients and other third-parties; to protect against criminal or quasi-criminal activities;
- To detect, prevent, investigate allegations of, or address, misrepresentation or fraud and to assess risk;
- To third party providers that provide services to us or to whom we outsource certain services which may include data analytics or marketing services;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To Companies that form part of the INIT group, of which we are part, in the course of providing you with our business services, support, or the fulfilment or delivery of our products or services and to manage our contractual relationship with you appropriately as well as the management of the recruitment/job selection process at different INIT companies, which will entail providing your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Statement. We may also share Personal Information with its affiliates, subsidiaries employees, contractors and agents.
INIT includes companies inside the European Union. In these instances, the parent company requires that these companies fulfil the measures designed to protect personal data established in a binding contract, unless for instances in which the European Commission has determined that the country in which the recipient is located provides an appropriate level of personal data protection.