Delivering efficient public transit service requires the effective use of resources. The goal is to deploy just the right amount of vehicles to fulfill the scheduled timetable. On the other hand, timetables have to be robust enough to facilitate the service quality aspired. In addition, duty shifts have to be planned by keeping the drivers’ wishes in mind. A great challenge! The challenge is even more complex with the deployment of e-buses with their shorter ranges.
Gold Coast Transit Ventura County/California
What INIT can help you achieve
- Optimize timetables, blocks, duties, rosters, staff and vehicle assignments
- Automate depot management and reduce managing efforts
- Simplify planning and bidding processes
- Automate staff deployments
- Receive bi-directional data exchange
Increase service quality and staff satisfaction
- Produce robust timetables for greater punctuality
- Plan duty rosters in accordance with employee preferences
- Support driver reliefs in the event of delays or dispatching measures
- Facilitate easier pull outs
- Build reliable blocks for e-buses using specific parameters
Aside from the need to balance economical goals with service quality and staff satisfaction, there are many parameters to consider for finding the best timetables, blocks, duties, shift schedules or contractors. The integrated planning and dispatching solutions from INIT provide you with the solutions to meet these challenging tasks. Our planning tools consider working rules like legal regulations, union agreements, or arrangements within individual organizations. With planning and dispatching software from INIT, you can align important operational parameters like requested vehicle types, minimum layover times and home depots so you can deliver impeccable service to your passengers.
Interested in more details or the latest news in the area of planning and dispatching? Check out our knowledge database for further information.