Making public transport efficient, calls first of all for the appropriate use of resources. The goal is to deploy just the right number of vehicles to fulfil the scheduled timetable. On the other hand, timetables have to be robust enough to facilitate the service quality aspired. In addition, duty shifts have to be planned according to the applicable labor laws and regulations. Enabling the drivers to choose their preferred duties makes them satisfied employees and empowered representatives of the transport operators.
- Optimized timetables, blocks, duties, rosters, staff and vehicle assignment minimize the resources needed
- Automated depot management reduces managing efforts and shunting
- Exceptionally rapid planning processes speed up planning and bidding for concessions
- Automatization of the entire staff deployment process minimizes effort and allows for flexibility
- Integration with the operations control system automates procedures
- Automated depot management optimizes workload and allows faster pull-out
Increase service quality and staff satisfaction
- Robust timetables produce greater punctuality
- Planning duty rosters in accordance with employee preferences pleases employees
- System supported driver reliefs in case of delays or dispatching measures disburdens dispatchers
MOBILE-PLAN offers a uniquely integrated solution for the creation of timetables, blocks, duties, and for data provisioning the subsequent ITS systems. It provides a wide range of supportive tools and functionalities that increase productivity while keeping passengers and drivers in mind. For example, timetables can be optimized based on statistical data in order to make them robust and efficient at the same time. Furthermore, the trip shifting feature improves the overall resource usage. And unlike in sequential planning, blocks and duties can be adjusted in one single optimization run, based on the Advanced Optimization Core (AOC) of INIT’s subsidiary inola. Several runs with different parameter settings can be started at the same time to present the effects on KPIs and social aspects. Consequently, the organization is able to find its individual balance between maximal cost savings and employee-friendly duties.
In deregulated markets, also transport authorities or municipalities need to build schedules for the tendering process of public transport services. To produce their call for tenders, MOBILE-PERDIS allows them to calculate schedules based on realistic blocks that already consider the requirements of duty rostering. As the incoming quotes might differ in their contractual parameters, the overall costs can be calculated based on the blocks, and compared conveniently. In turn, the performed service is reported. It will be considered like bonus-malus agreements. Therefore the transport services can be cleared based on the provided service quality.
The personnel assignment system MOBILE-PERDIS organizes the staff deployment process – from creating rosters to transferring data for payroll accounting. It automatically tailors duty rosters and shift schedules to the given blocks while considering planning strategies and the employee’s wishes. It provides features that allow for more efficient working routines. MOBILE-PERDIS is not only an integrated feature of the planning solution, but also exchanges information with INIT's MOBILE-ITCS, for example to support an automated working time recording.
Interested in more details or the latest news in the area of Planning & Dispatching? Check out our knowledge database for further information.